JOIN THE CURATED PLATE CULINARY FESTIVAL, 8-11 AUGUST 2019
The Curated Plate is a brand new four-day destination culinary festival launching on the Sunshine Coast from Thursday 8th – Sunday 11th August 2019. Proudly brought to you by Fairfax Events & Entertainment, Visit Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council, and Tourism and Events Queensland the event is a celebration of the union between regional produce and chef expertise, culminating in unforgettable, curated dining experiences in the most spectacular of natural environments.
HOW CAN YOU BE INVOLVED IN THE CURATED PLATE?
There are two opportunities below to register Expressions Of Interest:
The Umbrella Program will comprise of a maximum of 30 food-led and destination experiences during the month of August 2019 to coincide with The Curated Plate culinary festival. This is a chance for restaurants, venues, tourism operators and producers on the Sunshine Coast to collaborate individually or together and develop a “food-led” or “destination” experience, or host an event that aligns with The Curated Plate culinary festival.
The Umbrella Program will operate from Monday 5th – Sunday 18th August 2019 and form part of The Curated Plate wider festival program. Your experience or event can operate or take place on any one or more dates during the period of Monday 5th – Sunday 18th August 2019, but must also include at least one date during The Curated Plate event dates of Thursday 8th – Sunday 11th August 2019.
The Umbrella Program will be limited up to 30 experiences and/or events and will be reviewed and selected based on the following criteria:
- Your experience or event is designed specifically around a food-led or destination experience and for The Curated Plate culinary festival
- Your experience or event is held during the Umbrella Program period of Monday 5th – Sunday 18th August 2019 (including at least one day across The Curated Plate event dates Thursday 8th – Sunday 11th August 2019)
- Your experience or event must acknowledge and promote the Festival where possible
- Your experience or event must reflect the Festival key themes (Sustainable & Organic / Health & Wellness / Exceptional Produce)
- As a preference, your event or experience geographically falls within the Sunshine Coast Council region. Tours or experiences that include, but also extend outside, the Sunshine Coast Council region will be considered
- Upon selection, your event or experience’s ticketing and sales strategy must be developed and shared with Fairfax
- You agree to provide two complimentary tickets / experiences to Fairfax on request for international and national chef itinerary or promotional purposes
Being a producer on the Sunshine Coast gives you the opportunity to promote and showcase your products while supporting this brand new culinary festival for the region. The Food Fair will be a vibrant three-day event incorporating producers, pop-up restaurants, industry exhibitors, live music, cooking demonstrations by headline chefs, a vegan quarter, food fans and family-friendly activities. The Food Fair will operate from early afternoon into the evenings on Friday 9th to Sunday 11th August 2019. Whether big or small, we encourage all producers to apply for inclusion*, where you will have the opportunity to showcase and sell your amazing products to The Curated Plate visitors as well as locals! The Food Fair provides you the ability to create your own unique exhibition space – various size options available.
*The Food Fair will be limited to a select number of exhibitor stalls on the operating day(s). There are options of running an individual stall, or applying to collaborate with like-minded producers and run a stall together.
WHAT THE CURATED PLATE CAN PROVIDE YOU
Should you be selected, we will provide unrivalled media and marketing support to ensure your event, activity or food fair stall is a success. Your registered event, experience or exhibition stall will be supported through various mediums such as our social channels, wider program marketing, press release and have a prominence across the website.
HOW DO YOU REGISTER YOUR INTEREST*?
Simply decide on whether you would like to be a part of The Umbrella Program or part of the Food Fair, or both. SELECT and COMPLETE the correct registration form out of the links below and that’s it!
- Register HERE for The Umbrella Program > registrations close Friday 30 November 2018
- Register HERE for the Food Fair as an exhibitor > registrations close Friday 30 November 2018
*Please note we are limited to the number of experiences that can be involved with the Umbrella Program, and the number of stalls and hero producers involved with the Food Fair for our 2019 festival.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2018
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once you have registered your interest, you will be contacted by December 14th 2018 to confirm or discuss opportunities for your involvement. We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact The Curated Plate team at firstname.lastname@example.org